“I am being seen: I am recognised as the soul I am. Welcome to this life, I am glad you are here”
Etienne Peirsman author of: Craniosacral Therapy for Babies and Small Children
- Parents may be interested in exploring the use of complementary therapy for their children. The following information is intended to help guide their choices.
- The Cranial approach is very gentle, safe and effective for babies and young children. Specific gentle pressure is applied where needed to enable the inherent healing ability of the body to affect the release of stresses.
- CranioSacral Therapy is beneficial even if the pregnancy and birth were trouble free. It can also offer support for:
- Establishing latching on and then for continuing breastfeeding
- Helping mother and baby develop good sleep patterns
- Lessen the likelihood of early infant feeding problems, including colic, reflux and allergies.
- Promote the bond with parents and siblings
- Young babies may be cuddled and fed during the craniosacral therapy sessions whilst older babies are encouraged to play with their parent (care-giver) as the therapist’s gentle hands are carefully placed to encourage health and wellbeing
- Reactions to the CranioSacral Therapy are variable; often the baby or child is very relaxed afterwards and sleep well. Others display a burst of energy after the session, usually followed by a period of sleep.
- On average two to four sessions are enough; this varies according to the nature of the problem and the age of the child. The younger the better, it is never too early to begin. However it is still possible to achieve beneficial release of the stresses throughout life.
- From a satisfied new mother: “….was really settled after her appointment with you and my mum and sisters have all commented on how much more content she seems so thank you so much!” 1/10/16 (name witheld for confidentiality)
Please call me on: 01206 843 153 / 07713485110 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
`CranioSacral Therapy, an important appointment to make for your baby’s health and wellbeing.`
(The CranioSacral Therapy Association UK)