- CranioSacral Therapy is an off shoot of traditional Osteopathy, developed when a pioneering osteopath looked deeper into the subtle movements of the bones beneath his hands. His work helped bring the gift of CranioSacral Therapy to a new generation of practitioners.
- It is a hands-on body work that moves to activate the client’s own unique, innate healing abilities creating lasting, sustainable change. Through the subtle cranial touch, as light as cork’s bobbing on the sea, the mind is eased, emotions and spirit lift. As CranioSacral Therapists, we are trained to work with the whole person, mind, body and spirit and changes may occur both during and after the sessions.
- When a Craniosacral Therapist places her hands lightly on a client, she is using them to listen in much the same way that a counsellor might listen to a client’s words. A feeling of being heard in the true sense of the world is a common experience during and after a CranioSacral session.
“Comforting, inner peace, a sense of relief, deep stillness and relaxation, connection, feeling accepted, feeling more alive, put back in one piece, feeling whole again” (CranioSacral Therapy Association UK)
- CranioSacral Therapy supports the body’s innate ability to balance, restore and heal itself as well as working to reduce stress and to build the body’s underlying energy. Tensions in the body are helped to release in a supported and comforting way. During or after a session, a client may feel calm and energised with an increased clarity of mind and a feeling of well-being.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- People may come for CranioSacral Therapy because they have acute physical problems like headaches or bad backs, or long standing problems both physical and / or emotional. Others come for ongoing support in their busy lives, to help meet everyday challenges.
- Because it is so gentle and non-invasive, CranioSacral Therapy is suitable for everyone from newborns to the elderly. Mothers and babies often come for problems associated with difficult, lengthy or traumatic births, letting go the tensions and fear held in the body enables both to settle into calmness.
- CranioSacral Therapy is not intended as primary healthcare but to work alongside the relationship a client has with their doctor.